How do you communicate with more than one browser?
- [Narrator] Welcome to Interacting with…Another Browser which is part of the course…Build Complex Sites with Redis and Socket.io.…In the previous video we learned how to send…messages to any browser that connects to the server.…In this video we will see how to send to…all browsers and clients, and then we will…learn how to set a specific connection method.…Now, in this video we will build…a small application that will take a name…and send a message to all the other browsers…that have connected.…Previously, the messages could only be sent…from a browser to the server and back.…
Now, if we can send to any browser…this opens up more possibilities, so let's get started.…First thing to do, look on the server side.…And again see that we are using the same…versions of express and socket.io.…Then we can take a look at index…and see that we're doing the same things.…We have to get reference to express socket.io,…create an app, then start listening to get the server,…and you pass that server into socket.io.…Then we will listen for the connection event, again,…
Note: This course was created by Packt Publishing. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- Using Redis
- Structures, channels, and subscribing
- Adding messaging
- Integrating Redis and Node.js
- Working with geospacial indexes
- Using Node.js with Socket.IO
- Working with rooms
- Creating namespaces
- Using Socket.IO and Express
- Sharing states
- Using routes
Skill Level Intermediate
Node.js: Extend and Maintain Applicationswith Daniel Khan3h 35m Intermediate
Node.js: Build Your First Microservicewith Daniel Khan2h 9m Intermediate
Building a Website with Node.js and Express.jswith Ray Villalobos3h 16m Intermediate
1. Using Redis
2. Redis Messaging
3. Integrating Redis and Node.js
4. Using Node.js and Socket.IO
5. Using Rooms and Namespaces in Socket.IO
6. Using Socket.IO and Express
Out of process messaging8m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.