This video provides an introduction to Socket.IO.
- [Instructor] Welcome to the section…Using Node.js and Socket.io.…This is the first section of three…that will focus on Socket.io.…We will cover what Socket.io is,…how to interact with multiple browsers,…how to broadcast messages,…and how to use the disconnect event.…Now in this video, we will cover the basics of Socket.io.…Just like the other sections,…this video will be mostly explanatory, over actual code,…but it does set up the rest of the videos.…In this video, we will cover what Socket.io is,…install it, and then use it.…
So let's get started.…So let's start at the beginning.…What is Socket.io?…In the most basic terms, Socket.io allows realtime…communication between a server and the browser.…The value that Socket.io has…is that it makes this incredibly easy.…So how does this work?…Conventionally, web servers are a pull request based system.…This means that the web server responds…to a request made by a browser.…The web server does not send an update…or a new page to the browser.…
It is all initiated by the browser.…
Note: This course was created by Packt Publishing. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- Using Redis
- Structures, channels, and subscribing
- Adding messaging
- Integrating Redis and Node.js
- Working with geospacial indexes
- Using Node.js with Socket.IO
- Working with rooms
- Creating namespaces
- Using Socket.IO and Express
- Sharing states
- Using routes
Skill Level Intermediate
Building a Slack Bot with Node.js Microserviceswith Daniel Khan2h 9m Intermediate
RESTful Web API Design with Node.jswith Saleh Hamadeh2h 35m Intermediate
Building a Website with Node.js and Express.jswith Ray Villalobos3h 16m Intermediate
1. Using Redis
2. Redis Messaging
3. Integrating Redis and Node.js
4. Using Node.js and Socket.IO
5. Using Rooms and Namespaces in Socket.IO
6. Using Socket.IO and Express
Out of process messaging8m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.