Contrast the differences between installing ESLint into a project and installing ESLint globally, and then add ESLint to a Node.js project.
- [Instructor] There's actually more than one way…to install ESLint.…So, let's compare the approaches.…The first, and most tempting,…is to install ESLint globally.…The good thing about this approach…is that you can just type eslint to run the program.…However, it comes with a terrible curse!…Installing ESLint globally…is a package management antipattern…for a number of reasons.…The locally installed version…will not likely be in sync with other developers.…Different projects may be expecting…different versions of ESLint.…
Finally, a globally installed version of ESLint…means plugin management can be more difficult to maintain.…Believe me, I've felt this particular pain before.…Instead, the optimal approach…is to install ESLint in a project.…This is good, because ESLint…can be managed like any other project…that you're going to be using.…Just add ESLint to the development dependencies…and it will be installed with your other tools.…The only drawback is that…running the binary directly is slightly awkward.…The path for Mac and Linux will be node_modules/.bin/eslint.…
- What is code quality?
- Testing and code quality fundamentals
- Coding conventions and standards
- Creating and enforcing coding standards
- Unit, integration, and functional testing
- Test-driven development test specificatons
- Behavior-driven development test specifications
- Finding errors with linting
- Extending an ESLint shareable config
- Validating correctness with unit testing
- Replacing and inspecting with stubs, spies, and mocks
- Code coverage and why it matters
- Coverage with continuous integration
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Testing and Code Quality Fundamentals
2. Finding Errors with Linting
3. Validating Correctness with Unit Testing
4. Replacing and Inspecting with Stubs, Spies, and Mocks
5. Reporting on Your Entire Codebase
Where to go from here?3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.