Learn how to install Node.js on your system.
- [Instructor] First of all, we have to install Node.js,…if it's not already installed on your system.…I'm on a Mac here.…You're mileage may slightly vary,…depending on the operating system you're on.…I simply open Node.js org in browser.…I type in nodejs.org,…and there you see, we have two editions here.…There is this LTS version for longterm support,…and then there is this current version.…For production scenarios, it's recommended to use…the so called longterm support version.…
For this course, though,…we will use the current version eight,…because it will be the next LTS release very soon.…Click on the current version here, and it downloads.…I open it.…Click continue.…I create the license, and in so there…I have to type in my password.…It's installing already.…Great.…Now, let's try out if Node is already on the system…and everything works fine.…
I type in on the terminal, node, dash, v, for the version.…Looks good.…Also or npm, the node package manager, npm, minus, v.…Fine, now we have Node.js installed on our system…
- Basics of relational and nonrelational databases
- Preparing your environment
- When to use document databases
- Inserting data into MongoDB
- Basic insert operations for MongoDB
- Querying data from MongoDB with Node.js
- Using key-value stores
- Using relational databases with Node.js
- Adding MySQL and Sequelize to a project
Skill Level Intermediate
Node.js: Build Your First Microservicewith Daniel Khan2h 9m Intermediate
Building a Website with Node.js and Express.jswith Ray Villalobos3h 16m Intermediate
1. Get Started with Databases for Node.js
2. Prepare Your Environment
3. Use Document Databases with Node.js
4. Use Key-Value Stores with Node.js
5. Use Relational Databases with Node.js
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.