In this video, learn how to install Node.js on a Mac. Also, learn how to check to be sure that npm is installed. When you check for this, you'll be able to update the version if you'd like to. Once you have Node.js installed, you'll be able to participate in all of the activities for the course.
- [Instructor] The best way to install Node.js…is to navigate to nodejs.org in your browser.…This page will automatically detect your platform…and select the appropriate installer for you.…You can choose to install the stable version on the left,…which is 10.15.3 as of this recording,…or the version with the latest features on the right.…Simply select that package, download, and run the installer.…If you want a more specific installation of Node.js,…you can check the downloads folder…and find the specific installer that you're looking for…or additional platforms that Node.js supports.…
Once you have the appropriate installer,…you can simply navigate to that package and run it.…The package on both the Mac and the PC will walk you…through the process of installing Node.js.…So we will agree to the license,…we'll go ahead and continue to select the defaults,…install on the hard drive, install our software,…and on this last screen, we can see which versions…of Node.js and mpm have been installed…as well as the location of those installs.…
- What is Node.js?
- Installing Node.js
- The global object
- Importing the core modules
- Creating custom events with the EventEmitter
- Reading, writing, and removing files
- Working with file streams
- Creating child processes with the exec and spawn functions
Skill Level Intermediate
Building RESTful Web APIs with Node.js and Expresswith Emmanuel Henri1h 40m Intermediate
Node.js: Real-Time Web with Socket.IOwith Emmanuel Henri1h 24m Intermediate
1. What Is Node.js?
2. Set Up Your Environnment
3. Node Globals
4. Node Modules
5. File System Basics
6. Files and Streams
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.