In this video, learn about how to install Node.js on a Mac. You can install Node.js by following the instructions from the Node.js website. You will also see how to check to be sure that npm is installed. When you check for this, you can update the version if you'd like to. Once you have Node.js installed, you'll be ready to participate in all of the activities of this course.
- [Instructor] The best way to install Node.js … is to open your browser and navigate to nodejs.org. … Here, this website will detect your operating system … and pick the right versions for you to install. … So it says here I can download 12.16, … which is our stable version … or 13.9, which is the current latest version. … I'm going to go ahead and download 13.9. … When I do so, I will see that a package file … has been added to my downloads, … so I can come down here on this bar and click Show in Finder … and that will take me to the finder … where I see the package file. … To install, I'm going to simply right click … over the package file, select Open With, … and then select the installer. … A little warning about this package will pop up, … but I will go 'head and open it anyways, … and here we can see the Node.js installer package. … So now all I have to do is click Continue, … agree to the software license agreement, … and follow the rest of the instructions. … And this packager will automatically install Node.js for us …
- What is Node.js?
- Installing Node.js
- The global object
- Importing the core modules
- Creating custom events with the EventEmitter
- Reading, writing, and removing files
- Working with file streams
- Creating child processes with the exec and spawn functions
Skill Level Intermediate
Node.js: Real-Time Web with Socket.IOwith Emmanuel Henri1h 24m Intermediate
1. What Is Node.js?
2. Set Up Your Environnment
3. Node Globals
4. Node Modules
5. File System Basics
6. Files and Streams
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.