Because you are setting up database systems on different operating systems, you will use Docker to run containers with different database systems on your machine. Learn how to install Docker in this video.
- [Instructor] During this course, we will use…different database systems.…Depending on your operating system,…setting them up can be quite complicated.…That's why I decided to use Docker here.…Docker allows you to run independent containers…on your system, and it comes…with a large repository…with ready to run configurations.…To get started with Docker, we first…have to install it on our system.…Docker is available for Mac, Windows, and Linux,…and the installation is easy and straightforward.…So I simply open Docker.com.…
Docker.com,…and there I select get Docker,…and I choose Mac because I'm on a Mac.…And then I select download from Docker store,…and here I click on get Docker.…And it's downloading already.…This may take a little bit.…Okay, then I click on it.…And the install starts.…And I drag this Docker icon into applications…on a Mac, and here it is.…
And then I'll go run Docker from here.…Select open,…and then there is this next step I'll setup here.…Looks good.…Docker is still starting.…That may take a little bit.…
- Basics of relational and nonrelational databases
- Preparing your environment
- When to use document databases
- Inserting data into MongoDB
- Basic insert operations for MongoDB
- Querying data from MongoDB with Node.js
- Using key-value stores
- Using relational databases with Node.js
- Adding MySQL and Sequelize to a project
Skill Level Intermediate
Node.js: Build Your First Microservicewith Daniel Khan2h 9m Intermediate
Node.js: Extend and Maintain Applicationswith Daniel Khan3h 35m Intermediate
1. Get Started with Databases for Node.js
2. Prepare Your Environment
3. Use Document Databases with Node.js
4. Use Key-Value Stores with Node.js
5. Use Relational Databases with Node.js
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.