Learn about using geospatial indexes with Redis.
- [Instructor] Welcome to Geospatial Indexes,…part of the course, Build Complex Express Sites…with Redis and Socket.io.…This is the last video of this section,…dealing with Node.js ad Redis.…In this video, we will take a look at geospatial data…and how to use it in Redis.…Now the best way to do this is by doing,…so let's go ahead and get started.…With so many people accessing sties on their phones,…using a person's location is every useful.…For example,…we can show all the stores and restaurants around someone,…or we could show all the other users…that are currently around the person.…
The possibilities really start to open up.…On this video, we'll cover how to take a location,…put it into Redis,…and then use that to measure other locations…around that point.…Now I like to point out that, again,…we'll only be dealing with the back end of Redis.…We do not have the time to cover getting the user's location…from the front end.…Although, once we do have it,…say from an iPhone, Android, or webpage,…if we have Redis as a backend,…
Note: This course was created by Packt Publishing. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- Using Redis
- Structures, channels, and subscribing
- Adding messaging
- Integrating Redis and Node.js
- Working with geospacial indexes
- Using Node.js with Socket.IO
- Working with rooms
- Creating namespaces
- Using Socket.IO and Express
- Sharing states
- Using routes
Skill Level Intermediate
Node.js: Extend and Maintain Applicationswith Daniel Khan3h 35m Intermediate
Node.js: Build Your First Microservicewith Daniel Khan2h 9m Intermediate
Building a Website with Node.js and Express.jswith Ray Villalobos3h 16m Intermediate
1. Using Redis
2. Redis Messaging
3. Integrating Redis and Node.js
4. Using Node.js and Socket.IO
5. Using Rooms and Namespaces in Socket.IO
6. Using Socket.IO and Express
Out of process messaging8m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.