Review Selenium, SuperAgent, and Chai HTTP, and then learn how Chai HTTP can directly test a Node.js Express application.
- [Narrator] The mocha framework can be used…to functionally test an application.…The results can be included in a code coverage report…which is really useful.…As a reminder, functional testing literally tests…the functionality of an application.…The test cases are based on the specifications…of the software.…Unlike unit tests, a functional test is based…on business requirements like the ability…to perform a task.…In that way, a functional test should read…like an acceptance test used by a QA team.…
Two projects that use Selenium are Nightwatch.js…from nightwatchjs.org and WebdriverIO from webdriver.io.…
- What is code quality?
- Testing and code quality fundamentals
- Coding conventions and standards
- Creating and enforcing coding standards
- Unit, integration, and functional testing
- Test-driven development test specificatons
- Behavior-driven development test specifications
- Finding errors with linting
- Extending an ESLint shareable config
- Validating correctness with unit testing
- Replacing and inspecting with stubs, spies, and mocks
- Code coverage and why it matters
- Coverage with continuous integration
Skill Level Intermediate
Node.js: Build Your First Microservicewith Daniel Khan2h 9m Intermediate
Building APIs Using Hapi in Node.jswith Kirsten Hunter2h 23m Intermediate
1. Testing and Code Quality Fundamentals
2. Finding Errors with Linting
3. Validating Correctness with Unit Testing
4. Replacing and Inspecting with Stubs, Spies, and Mocks
5. Reporting on Your Entire Codebase
Where to go from here?3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.