Explore what Snyk is and how it can help you identify some vulnerabilities in your projects.
- [Instructor] Snyk is a great service…to provide a first line of defense…and to determine if any of your projects are at stake.…Its great documentation offers advice…on how to remediate any issues you may have in your code…and what type of attacks could impact your project,…so let me demonstrate.…So, go to snyk.io and once you get to the site…either sign up as a DevOps, Enterprise,…let's just close that here…and what I'm gonna do is use it for developers here.…The fastest way to actually set it up…is with GitHub, so if you have any repos…you'd like Snyk to actually evaluate…for any issues, you can get a quick start with GitHub.…
You could also set it up with your CI tool…such as Travis, Jenkins and so on and so forth…and that's for the DevOps side of things…but it works very, very similar.…So, let's go ahead and do a quick start with GitHub,…so let's sign up here.…And once you're logged in,…so if you haven't seen an actual screen to log in,…go ahead and log into GitHub.…Once you're here, you can actually test…
- OWASP resources and security threats
- Cross-site scripting and denial of service attacks
- Managing packages in a Node.js app
- Adding two-factor and read-only tokens with npm
- Using prepared statements for SQL/NoSQL
- Encrypting user data and session management
- Adding HTTPS protocol to an application
- Using cookie attributes
- Tools for testing
Skill Level Intermediate
Node.js: Deploying Applicationswith Kirsten Hunter1h 24m Intermediate
Node.js: Debugging and Performance Tuningwith Jon Peck2h 44m Intermediate
1. Security Overview
OWASP top 10 in Node.js2m 22s
2. Best Practices: Packages
3. Best Practices: Data
4. Best Practices: Server Level
5. Tools for Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.