Look at how Facebook structured its API as a social graph. By the end, you will understand what the Facebook Graph API is and how to use it.
- (Instructor) Hello and welcome to section 4,…APIs in the Real World.…In the previous section we learned…how to build and test our own APIs.…In the section, we will take a close look…at some real world APIs so that we can see…the similarities and differences between…what we built and what is out there.…We are going to take a look at two APIs,…Facebook Graph API and GitHub API.…Then we will look at IFTTT,…which stands for If This Then That.…An applications sole purpose is to connect…different APIs.…
Now we move on to the first video of this section…that deals with Facebook's Graph API.…In the video, we are going to take a look at…Facebook's concept of an API as a Graph…and how it affects the decisions of their S resources.…We will look at performing actions for…reading, inserting, updating and deleting modes.…Then, we will look at Facebook's…sophisticated permission system.…Finally, we will use the Graph API Explorer…to pull Facebook's API.…Facebook's Graph API had three main components,…nodes, edges and fields.…
This Node.js course gives you an overview of a RESTful API and the logical steps of creating one. It explores three different APIs, focusing on their similarities and differences and how to effectively implement one. Instructor Saleh Hamadeh starts off by defining APIs, showing how they can be built on top of HTTP and listing the properties that make an API RESTful. Learn how to develop Twitter Notes, a sample web application that lets users leave notes for their Twitter friends. Use Twitter's API to implement a login flow and then design a web API. Additionally, get a closer look at several other real-world APIs, and learn some best practices to keep APIs secure, maintainable, and efficient.
- Identifying REST resources
- Setting up the development environment
- Consuming a RESTful API
- Creating an OAuth login request
- Getting an access token
- Saving data in MongoDB
- Building a RESTful API
- Testing user-perceived performance
- Looking at APIs in the real world
- Best practices for building RESTful APIs