Discover how ESLint shareable configurations work and include one in a project, and then learn some best practices to use when creating a private or public ESLint shareable config.
- [Instructor] One of the nice features of ESLint…is the ability to extend an existing ESLint configuration.…These are known as Shareable Configs.…Practically, a Shareable Config is just an npm package…that exports an ESLint configuration object.…The name of the package must begin with eslint-config-…then the name of the configuration.…Shareable Configurations can be published on npm…or shared with others.…I always prefer the open source approach.…
They can also be kept private,…which works well for organizational standards…that may include proprietary justification or context.…There are two steps necessary for using a Shareable Config.…First, add the package to the development dependencies…of the project and install it.…Then, update the ESLint configuration…to include the extends property…and the name of the configuration that it extends.…For example, extends ESLint config myconfig.…There's a shorthand as well…which leaves off the ESLint config so extends myconfig…will work the same and be nicer to look at.…
- What is code quality?
- Testing and code quality fundamentals
- Coding conventions and standards
- Creating and enforcing coding standards
- Unit, integration, and functional testing
- Test-driven development test specificatons
- Behavior-driven development test specifications
- Finding errors with linting
- Extending an ESLint shareable config
- Validating correctness with unit testing
- Replacing and inspecting with stubs, spies, and mocks
- Code coverage and why it matters
- Coverage with continuous integration
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Testing and Code Quality Fundamentals
2. Finding Errors with Linting
3. Validating Correctness with Unit Testing
4. Replacing and Inspecting with Stubs, Spies, and Mocks
5. Reporting on Your Entire Codebase
Where to go from here?3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.