Join Kirsten Hunter for an in-depth discussion in this video Exercise files, part of Building APIs Using Hapi in Node.js.
- [Narrator] If you have access to the exercise files for this course, you can download them to your desktop. If you don't have access to the exercise files, you can download them from GitHub at https://github.com/synedra/hapi-api. The exercise files folder is laid out with folders for each chapter. Within each chapter there are folders for each movie, and each of these folders contains a start and finish directory with the scripts inside. As you start each movie, you'll need to change directories into the proper directory for that movie.
So here we would go cd Chapter1, the 1_03, and you'd go into the start directory, and this is the file you'll edit and run. If you want to just watch and then look at the code, the finish directory contains the finished script. If you're viewing this course on a mobile device, a set-top device, or your membership doesn't provide access to the exercise files, that's okay. I encourage you to still follow along as we go through the course.
- Setting up the development environment
- Consuming an API using HTTPie
- Inspecting Mongo data
- Updating the server for MongoDB read functionality
- Setting up application endpoints
- Implementing user endpoints, progress endpoints, and promises