Before moving on to authentication, Scott spends a few minutes testing the current codebase by executing a few CRUD operations from the command line. He adds a new user, creates a category, and creates a blog post. He also explains how populations work.
- So now, if we did all this,…we should, now that we have our models,…we have our controllers, we have our routes plugged up,…we should be able to start this…and start doing some CRUD on it.…So let's check it out.…In order to check this out,…first thing we need to do is…make sure we have Mongo running.…So I'm going to type in mongod.…Make sure that's running.…The server won't start without it.…If you try to start the server…without the database running, it'll crash.…So make sure that's running.…And then I'm just going to run npm start to start ours.…
Oh, it looks like my path is wrong.…Is it up one more?…Oh, it's util, not utils, sorry.…Cool, so there we go, so now our server's on.…Then in another one, I'm going to make some requests to it.…So let's do a GET request.…
Let's do a POST request to localhost.…Our port is 3000.…/api/users, let's create a new user.…We know, as of right now, our user only has a username.…So let's just say username=person.…
Looks like we have an error, hold on.…No error.…I don't see these logs.…
This course was created by Frontend Masters. It was originally released on 12/30/2015. We're pleased to host this training in our library.
- Executing Node.js
- Using Express
- What is middleware?
- Testing in Node.js
- Using Mongo with Node.js
- Data modeling
- Querying data with Mongoose
- Identifying sensitive routes
- Configuring the deployment
Skill Level Intermediate
Node.js: Build Your First Microservicewith Daniel Khan2h 9m Intermediate
Building APIs Using Hapi in Node.jswith Kirsten Hunter2h 23m Intermediate
2. REST APIs
5. Organization and Configuration
7. Data Modeling
10. Securing Routes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.