Explore how EditorConfig can be used to standardize text editor configurations with a human-readable open-source industry standard.
- [Instructor] So far we have been discussing…concepts and terms.…It's time to start…cleaning up our codebase and find errors using linting.…We're going to start this chapter…by standardizing text editor configurations.…We'll add support for the standard…to both our project and Atom.…Once it's in place,…we'll start comparing linters to see the advantages of each.…With an informed decision,…we'll install a linter that should address our needs.…We'll step through how to create the linters configuration…then extend an existing linter configuration to save time.…
Then we'll lint the entire project codebase…and filter the results to be actionable.…Finally, we'll set up Atom to clean code…and highlight linter errors.…A developer's preferred text editor is a badge of honor…and typically a passionate decision.…With such a variety of options,…how can you maintain coding styles…across multiple editors with the least amount of effort?…The solution is a system called EditorConfig,…whose acceptance has been growing exponentially…
- What is code quality?
- Testing and code quality fundamentals
- Coding conventions and standards
- Creating and enforcing coding standards
- Unit, integration, and functional testing
- Test-driven development test specificatons
- Behavior-driven development test specifications
- Finding errors with linting
- Extending an ESLint shareable config
- Validating correctness with unit testing
- Replacing and inspecting with stubs, spies, and mocks
- Code coverage and why it matters
- Coverage with continuous integration
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Testing and Code Quality Fundamentals
2. Finding Errors with Linting
3. Validating Correctness with Unit Testing
4. Replacing and Inspecting with Stubs, Spies, and Mocks
5. Reporting on Your Entire Codebase
Where to go from here?3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.