Clearly articulating an issue in quantifiable and reproducible ways is essential for troubleshooting. The goal isn't to blame, it’s to gather enough information to find the root cause. Where and how are bugs documented?
- [Instructor] We've discussed how to frame…and isolate issues in constructive ways…and to measure performance.…What should you be doing with problems as they come up?…Write them down.…That's it, I'm serious.…When documenting an issue,…describe it clearly so a casual reader…understands your intent.…Try to find a balance between being brief but thorough.…Don't go overboard and write a novel,…but give enough to work from.…Give context about when and what was happening.…
Steps to replicate helps any engineer find…and verify that a problem has been fixed.…Finally, if appropriate,…attach or include raw data…such as performance measurements, error messages,…and so forth.…When tracking issues about any system,…there are a few best practices…that will make your life easier.…First, document problems as promptly as possible…when it's fresh in your mind.…Keep the issues in a central location…so both you and others can work on them.…Finally, you'll need to be able to track progress…in how the issue is resolved.…
Unfortunately, most issues that you'll see…
- Building a troubleshooting mindset
- Why measure performance?
- What's a microservice architecture?
- Managing microservices with PM2
- Effective logging strategies
- Debugging Node.js applications
- Benchmarking performance
- Profiling code execution
- Knowing what to optimize
Skill Level Intermediate
Node.js: Deploying Applicationswith Kirsten Hunter1h 24m Intermediate
Building RESTful Web APIs with Node.js and Expresswith Emmanuel Henri1h 40m Intermediate
1. Build a Troubleshooting Mindset
2. Introducing Microservices
3. Effective Logging Strategies
4. Debugging Node.js Applications
Debugging isn't just logging3m 51s
5. Measuring Performance
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.