Learn how to use Chrome Developer Tools, a set of web authoring and debugging tools built into Google Chrome, to debug and control Node.js code execution.
- [Instructor] Another client that works with nodes…inspector agent is Chrome Developer Tools…built-in inspector.…The steps for using Chrome DevTools…are very similar to node inspect.…First, make sure that you stop web in PM2.…Then we'll try two different techniques.…The first is to start web with the flag inspect-brk,…which pauses execution on the very first line.…The second is just inspect without pausing execution.…Let's jump right in and switch to VSCode.…
Open up the terminal,…and then we'll turn off the web server.…Type pm2 stop web.…The web status is now stopped.…We're ready to start the web server with…the inspector agent, to type node space --inspect-brk…to break on the first line, and then the path of the script,…servers/web/index, and press return.…The debugger is listening but nobody's attached.…
Let's change that.…Open up Chrome.…We're gonna navigate to a special page.…Type chrome://inspect and press return.…Under remote target, you should see an entry…that matches the debugger process that we just started,…
- Building a troubleshooting mindset
- Why measure performance?
- What's a microservice architecture?
- Managing microservices with PM2
- Effective logging strategies
- Debugging Node.js applications
- Benchmarking performance
- Profiling code execution
- Knowing what to optimize
Skill Level Intermediate
Node.js: Deploying Applicationswith Kirsten Hunter1h 24m Intermediate
Building RESTful Web APIs with Node.js and Expresswith Emmanuel Henri1h 40m Intermediate
1. Build a Troubleshooting Mindset
2. Introducing Microservices
3. Effective Logging Strategies
4. Debugging Node.js Applications
Debugging isn't just logging3m 51s
5. Measuring Performance
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.