Join Daniel Khan for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating the speakers list template, part of Building a Website with Node.js and Express.js.
- [Instructor] We are still missing the template…of the all speakers page, the speakers detail page…and the feedback page.…With a layout in place,…setting up these sub-pages is fairly simple.…Let's start with the all speakers page as we have it here.…So we have the speakers content here.…Let's use chrome inspect again…to better understand the overall structure.…There is this main container.…Then there we have a speakers list…and further down we have the sidebar…that just shows artwork of our speakers.…
So now I will go back into our provided HTML folder…and I will open the speakers HTML…and I have to convert it to pug again.…So I'm using HTML to Jade, convert it…and I will simply copy that content again.…In speakers we already have our index dot pug file…that contains this stop of the template…that we created before and there we already have…this extends and the block content part in there.…
So we'll leave that in and right after that…and I'll paste in the converted template code…and let's work it from top to bottom…
- Creating a server with Express and pure Node.js
- Handling errors in Express
- Creating routes
- Using templates
- Working with the Pug template engine
- Implementing the site structure and logic
- Working with conditionals
- Dealing with POST requests
- Sanitizing user inputs and handling form errors
Skill Level Beginner
Building RESTful Web APIs with Node.js and Expresswith Emmanuel Henri1h 40m Intermediate
Node.js: Build Your First Microservicewith Daniel Khan2h 9m Intermediate
What you should know1m 40s
1. Getting Started
2. Express Basics
3. Getting Started with Our Project
4. Getting Started with Templates
5. Implementing the Site Structure and Logic
6. Handling Form Data
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.