Join Daniel Khan for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating the speakers detail template, part of Building a Website with Node.js and Express.js.
- [Instructor] Next let's do the speakers detail page.…If I look into the design and open this demo page…to see that we have again a sidebar…and in the main content we have a huge picture…of the speaker and a detailed description of the speaker.…Let's look into the provided HML file…and we only have this file for Hillary Goldwynn.…I take this file and again, as we did before…I use HTML to Jade, copy that content…and I head back to Visual Studio code.…
And on the speakers in my fuse folder I create a new folder.…Detail, to still follow the convention tool.…Have one folder with an index file.…Page type and I call the file now index pug…and paste in the whole template again.…Now you should be already familiar…with what we are doing here.…So, remove now also this whole sidebar part…until I reach to article sidebar.…
On top I remove everything until we reach…the main container here, it's speaker detail.…Then let's simply go to the speakers page…that we worked on before.…I will copy out extends, layout, index and block content…
- Creating a server with Express and pure Node.js
- Handling errors in Express
- Creating routes
- Using templates
- Working with the Pug template engine
- Implementing the site structure and logic
- Working with conditionals
- Dealing with POST requests
- Sanitizing user inputs and handling form errors
Skill Level Beginner
Building RESTful Web APIs with Node.js and Expresswith Emmanuel Henri1h 40m Intermediate
Node.js: Build Your First Microservicewith Daniel Khan2h 9m Intermediate
What you should know1m 40s
1. Getting Started
2. Express Basics
3. Getting Started with Our Project
4. Getting Started with Templates
5. Implementing the Site Structure and Logic
6. Handling Form Data
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.