- I could have written a lot of notes on promises,…but I think this is one of those things…where you just have to show people.…That's just the way I learned.…I've read on it, I've read tutorials and stuff,…and it was great, but I didn't really start understanding…until I was just like, alright,…let me just start working with this stuff.…So that's what we're going to do.…We're just going to work with some examples through promises…for a couple minutes and so everyone feels…like they're up to speed on them.…So we'll just make a new file…and you can follow along if you want…or you can just look.…We'll just call it promises.js.…Luckily for us, the native promise is built into Node,…at least the version I'm on.…
So we'll just use that,…but there are other third party promise libraries out there…that are pretty cool.…So the thing about promises are,…or the thing that they're trying to solve is…say that we have a function called action.…This is a very, very naive example,…but this is going to show you what they do.…An action takes a callback…
This course was created by Frontend Masters. It was originally released on 12/30/2015. We're pleased to host this training in our library.
- Executing Node.js
- Using Express
- What is middleware?
- Testing in Node.js
- Using Mongo with Node.js
- Data modeling
- Querying data with Mongoose
- Identifying sensitive routes
- Configuring the deployment
Skill Level Intermediate
Node.js: Build Your First Microservicewith Daniel Khan2h 9m Intermediate
Building APIs Using Hapi in Node.jswith Kirsten Hunter2h 23m Intermediate
Node.js: Extend and Maintain Applicationswith Daniel Khan3h 35m Intermediate
2. REST APIs
5. Organization and Configuration
7. Data Modeling
10. Securing Routes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.