In your sample apps, the infrastructure for a user management system is included. In this video, learn how to enable the system and equip your shop with a basic user/customer management page.
- [Narrator] Before we proceed let's review what else we…have in our sample project.…You see here, this link "Manage Users" and when I click on…that I have a mask that looks a little similar than the…manage item mask and here I can type in my email address…and some password.…I can save it here.…That's very easy.…I can add it to users as well so that looks really…familiar to what we did for the items.…This works because we already prepared it…in the sample project.…
Now let's look into how this data is represented in MongoDB.…So I opened Robos 3T really quick then I have to refresh…the tree view here and let's open the user's collection.…Here you see one document here and you see that there is…first on this object and this core ID that's an auto…created document ID by MongoDB and then we have the…updated at and the created at field.…Then we have the email address and here you see some…password and that was clearly not the password…I typed in before.…
This is because I am using a hashing function to make sure…that no clear text password can ever be…
- Basics of relational and nonrelational databases
- Preparing your environment
- When to use document databases
- Inserting data into MongoDB
- Basic insert operations for MongoDB
- Querying data from MongoDB with Node.js
- Using key-value stores
- Using relational databases with Node.js
- Adding MySQL and Sequelize to a project
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Get Started with Databases for Node.js
2. Prepare Your Environment
3. Use Document Databases with Node.js
4. Use Key-Value Stores with Node.js
5. Use Relational Databases with Node.js
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.