In MySQL, it's important to configure tables and columns before you start adding data. In this video, learn how to do this configuration with MySQL workbench.
- [Instructor] Differently done with schemaless databases…like MongoDB or Redis,…we have to create a schema upfront for MySQL…because it will not be created on-the-fly…as we add data.…For that, I already opened MySQL Workbench again…and here I select the connection…that we created before.…From here, I select the first tab…and we want to create a new database,…so I right-click here and I click on Create Schema.…
A schema is basically a database.…We have to give this database a name,…I will call it maxcoin…and we can leave the Default Collation empty…because this is just needed for sorting alphabetically…with different languages.…Now I click Apply…and as you see here,…MySQL Workbench basically just is a user interface…that then executes SQL comments against the database,…in this case, we execute Create Schema maxcoin,…so I click Apply.…
Now I can close that…and we see that we have created a new database here.…Next we want to create a table that holds our data,…so I'll right-click here on Tables,…select Create Table,…
- Basics of relational and nonrelational databases
- Preparing your environment
- When to use document databases
- Inserting data into MongoDB
- Basic insert operations for MongoDB
- Querying data from MongoDB with Node.js
- Using key-value stores
- Using relational databases with Node.js
- Adding MySQL and Sequelize to a project
Skill Level Intermediate
Node.js: Build Your First Microservicewith Daniel Khan2h 9m Intermediate
Node.js: Extend and Maintain Applicationswith Daniel Khan3h 35m Intermediate
1. Get Started with Databases for Node.js
2. Prepare Your Environment
3. Use Document Databases with Node.js
4. Use Key-Value Stores with Node.js
5. Use Relational Databases with Node.js
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.