Discover how code coverage measures how much code is executed in multiple ways, including examples of uncovered statements, branches, functions, and lines.
- [Narrator] Knowing about problems within…a specific file or component is a good thing.…But that's only part of the picture.…Having an actionable perspective…of the entire code base is a key to success.…In this chapter,…we're going to extend what we've learned so far…about testing and detecting suspicious code.…We'll start with the concept of code coverage,…and why it's important.…We'll generate a report about the…restaurant reservation application's code coverage…using industry standard tools.…
We'll broaden our testing techniques…with functional testing,…which will extend the existing report.…We'll ask the emperor has no clothes question,…what could possibly go wrong when you have…100% test coverage on a code base?…Finally, we'll learn about ways to automate…code quality measurement on an ongoing basis.…Code coverage sounds like it's an important thing,…but what is it?…Code coverage is the measure of how much code is executed…with a given operation.…
It's typically from a test suite,…but there are some other tools…
- What is code quality?
- Testing and code quality fundamentals
- Coding conventions and standards
- Creating and enforcing coding standards
- Unit, integration, and functional testing
- Test-driven development test specificatons
- Behavior-driven development test specifications
- Finding errors with linting
- Extending an ESLint shareable config
- Validating correctness with unit testing
- Replacing and inspecting with stubs, spies, and mocks
- Code coverage and why it matters
- Coverage with continuous integration
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Testing and Code Quality Fundamentals
2. Finding Errors with Linting
3. Validating Correctness with Unit Testing
4. Replacing and Inspecting with Stubs, Spies, and Mocks
5. Reporting on Your Entire Codebase
Where to go from here?3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.