Join Daniel Khan for an in-depth discussion in this video Challenge: Finish the speakers detail page, part of Building a Website with Node.js and Express.js.
- [Instructor] The next dynamic page that we want to create…is the speaker detail page.…So, I have a challenge for you.…Why don't you try this on your own?…The objectives for this challenge are,…create a function to load a speaker by its short name,…create a function that returns the artwork…for a given speaker,…call these functions from the speakers detail route…and provide it to the template,…and adapt the template to show this dynamic data.…If you're having trouble getting to html formatting…for the description write,…remember when we talked about escaped and unescaped content.…
This should take you around 15 minutes to complete.…
- Creating a server with Express and pure Node.js
- Handling errors in Express
- Creating routes
- Using templates
- Working with the Pug template engine
- Implementing the site structure and logic
- Working with conditionals
- Dealing with POST requests
- Sanitizing user inputs and handling form errors
Skill Level Beginner
What you should know1m 40s
1. Getting Started
2. Express Basics
3. Getting Started with Our Project
4. Getting Started with Templates
5. Implementing the Site Structure and Logic
6. Handling Form Data
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.