- Setting up the development environment
- Consuming an API using HTTPie
- Inspecting Mongo data
- Updating the server for MongoDB read functionality
- Setting up application endpoints
- Implementing user endpoints, progress endpoints, and promises
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Kirsten] The popularity of web APIs has exploded in recent years as companies seek to add mobile clients and other integrations to their product line. Creating and working with APIs can be fun and rewarding, and this knowledge is a great addition to your tool belt. Hi, I'm Kirsten Hunter. I've working with REST APIs for over 10 years, and as an API evangelist, I am passionately committed to enabling people to work with platforms by creating a phenomenal developer experience. In this course, I'm going to guide you through the process of creating a RESTful API with Node.js and the HAPI Framework, using MongoDB as the backend.
I'll provide an explanation of web API technologies, and then provide a step-by-step set of exercises to build an application that integrates with the FitBit system. This fun and interactive course will get you the skills you need to work with API technologies and act as a springboard for further platform exploration. I'm excited to share my love of APIs with you. Let's get started.