Working with a relational database management system (RDBMS) requires knowledge about the data it will hold and how this data is related. In this video, learn some basics about relational database design.
- [Instructor] When I started using databases…professionally around 17 years back,…there were basically two classes…of database management systems.…First, there were enterprise systems…like Oracle, IMD Db2,…and Microsoft SQL Server.…They didn't work so well with websites…because it took very long…to establish a connection with it,…as it was at this time, for instance,…when you used PHP and it would send a request,…created a new database connection.…And then there were open-source database management systems,…like MySQL and PostgreSQL,…and I used mostly MySQL for a long time…throughout my career from then.…
So, I continued working with databases…and I created many eCommerce applications…and content management solutions.…And so, around 2006, I had the task…to create the web application…that was focused around hiking…and it became quite challenging…from a database point of view…because we had to answer questions like this one,…so which villages are along a trail…and where can I eat when I'm in some village?…Or which trail should I take to get to some village?…
- Basics of relational and nonrelational databases
- Preparing your environment
- When to use document databases
- Inserting data into MongoDB
- Basic insert operations for MongoDB
- Querying data from MongoDB with Node.js
- Using key-value stores
- Using relational databases with Node.js
- Adding MySQL and Sequelize to a project
Skill Level Intermediate
Node.js: Extend and Maintain Applicationswith Daniel Khan3h 35m Intermediate
Node.js: Build Your First Microservicewith Daniel Khan2h 9m Intermediate
Building a Website with Node.js and Express.jswith Ray Villalobos3h 16m Intermediate
1. Get Started with Databases for Node.js
2. Prepare Your Environment
3. Use Document Databases with Node.js
4. Use Key-Value Stores with Node.js
5. Use Relational Databases with Node.js
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.