Nonrelational databases enforce less strict rules on database design and using them can be beneficial for many use cases. In this video, learn the basics of nonrelational databases.
- [Narrator] Around 2012, a new class of databases came out…with so called Document Databases such as MongoDB,…Couchbase, Redis, that's the key value store,…CouchDB, DynamoDB, that's a key value stores as well,…and Cassandra, and we have a whole set of Relational…Databases which is still centered around Oracle SQL server,…MySQL, SQLite is quite new, and PostgreSQL.…These new document databases had a few large differences…to relational databases.…
Let's look at them.…They are synonymic called NoSQL Databases very often.…So actually they have existed since the 1960s but they…got very popular with so-called Web 2.0.…As most SQL databases are non-relational, they usually also…have no integrity enforcement.…They are also not, by definition, ACID compliant.…And they are often a synonym for document databases, but…there are others like, for instance,…graph databases as well.…
There's schema-less.…This means they have no predefined data structure and they…can basically store arbitrary data.…This also means actually that the schema management moves…
- Basics of relational and nonrelational databases
- Preparing your environment
- When to use document databases
- Inserting data into MongoDB
- Basic insert operations for MongoDB
- Querying data from MongoDB with Node.js
- Using key-value stores
- Using relational databases with Node.js
- Adding MySQL and Sequelize to a project
Skill Level Intermediate
Node.js: Extend and Maintain Applicationswith Daniel Khan3h 35m Intermediate
Node.js: Build Your First Microservicewith Daniel Khan2h 9m Intermediate
Building a Website with Node.js and Express.jswith Ray Villalobos3h 16m Intermediate
1. Get Started with Databases for Node.js
2. Prepare Your Environment
3. Use Document Databases with Node.js
4. Use Key-Value Stores with Node.js
5. Use Relational Databases with Node.js
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.