Join Emmanuel Henri to discover the base project that you will use to add security to Node.js.
- [Instructor] Let's get started with building … our node express project first. … So first, we'll initialize a new node project … that installs some dependencies, … and finally add the files from a project built … in my node and express API course in the LinkedIn library. … So before we get started with our base project, … if you don't have MongoDB installed, … please go to their website on mongodb.com … and install it, as we'll need it to run the new project. … If you need help installing it, … go through their video on the subject … in the same course I just mentioned. … When you have it installed, come back to this video, … and I'll wait for you. … When you're ready to make sure … your Mongo database is running, … you can test it with a tool called Compass … that is directly on the MongoDB site. … So you can install Compass, and then once you have Compass … installed, you'll be able to see if the database is working. … So let's take a look at Compass, and it looks like this. … So when you run Compass, it basically asks you to …
- Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP)
- Reasons for using a JSON Web Token (JWT)
- Adding bcrypt password hashing
- Adding handlers for registration and login
- Finalizing secured endpoints
- Testing APIs with Postman