In this video, get an overview of the Azure platform and see a setup of the account and command line utilities.
- [Instructor] Azure web apps for Microsoft is a service…to host web applications or web services such as rest API's…mobile backend servers, or applications like the one…we're working with.…Microsoft has come a long way with language support as…they work on open source initiatives and there's a lot…of open source left to be found in the web app service.…All of these languages are supported by the web app service.…Even cooler, you can deploy to either a Linux VM…or a Windows one this gives you the ability to ensure…the cross platform compatibility of your app as part…of your deployment process.…
Other platform and service providers we've looked at…Microsoft provides a powerful platform to handle scaling,…load balancing, security, and management.…And according to Forrester, 2017 was the year of DevOps…and so it's really to see Microsoft stepping up here…as well.…You'll need to get an Azure login from Microsoft in order…to go through this chapter and that's at azure.microsoft.com…they do require a credit card even for free tier accounts.…
- MongoDB and GitHub setup
- Creating a Heroku app
- Deployment using Elastic Beanstalk
- Azure host creation and environment configuration
- Continuous deployment tools
- Working with Jenkins, Travis CI, and CircleCI
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Setting Up Your Application
3. AWS Elastic Beanstalk
5. Continuous Deployment
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.