Scott spends some time answering audience questions. These questions range from working with other debugging tools to routing tips.
(Japanese flute music)…- [Man] You could use Webstorm and Intellij for debugging.…- Webstorm or Intellij for debugging.…I wouldn't know that because I don't use those…but that's maybe a reason why I should use them.…So that sounds awesome.…- [Man] Yeah they're the best tools outside of no inspector.…- Nice.…I didn't know that.…Great!…I'm probably going to check out tonight then.…Yes?…- [Man] So with a real world example.…Like the reason behind using routing is to re-use…some of the code or what's the main reason behind routing?…- The reason, are you saying the reason behind like…making these sub-routers?…- [Man] Yep.…
- Right.…So it's just to abstract away…a piece of functionality right?…So like now we get to abstract like different resources…completely away,…and they have their own configuration.…So that's the sweet thing.…It's like, they share some global configuration,…as in like server-js.…They share dis-configuration but they also have…their own configuration that's specific and unique to them.…Right and we're not polluting other resources…
This course was created by Frontend Masters. It was originally released on 12/30/2015. We're pleased to host this training in our library.
- Executing Node.js
- Using Express
- What is middleware?
- Testing in Node.js
- Using Mongo with Node.js
- Data modeling
- Querying data with Mongoose
- Identifying sensitive routes
- Configuring the deployment
Skill Level Intermediate
Node.js: Build Your First Microservicewith Daniel Khan2h 9m Intermediate
Building APIs Using Hapi in Node.jswith Kirsten Hunter2h 23m Intermediate
Node.js: Extend and Maintain Applicationswith Daniel Khan3h 35m Intermediate
2. REST APIs
5. Organization and Configuration
7. Data Modeling
10. Securing Routes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.