- [Instructor] Like testing frameworks,…there are multiple options…for third party assertion libraries.…We're going to take a brief look at four assertion libraries…that work with any test framework.…We'll start with Assert, then Chai,…code, and finally should.js.…I'll discuss each library's features,…then give a code example.…Assert is Node.js's built-in test driven…development assertion library using the assert style.…It's simple, but completely functional.…
Assert includes 14 different assertions…to cover basic comparisons.…However, Assert does not support language chaining.…Assert does not have any external dependencies,…which makes sense as it's part of Node.…As an example of this TDD style…you can assert that the values actual…are equal to the expected.…Chai from chaijs.com is a behavior driven development…and test driven development assertion library.…Chai supports multiple assertion styles,…including the assert TDD style,…along with the BDD styles should and expect.…
Chai can be used with both Node.js and for browser testing.…
- What is code quality?
- Testing and code quality fundamentals
- Coding conventions and standards
- Creating and enforcing coding standards
- Unit, integration, and functional testing
- Test-driven development test specificatons
- Behavior-driven development test specifications
- Finding errors with linting
- Extending an ESLint shareable config
- Validating correctness with unit testing
- Replacing and inspecting with stubs, spies, and mocks
- Code coverage and why it matters
- Coverage with continuous integration
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Testing and Code Quality Fundamentals
2. Finding Errors with Linting
3. Validating Correctness with Unit Testing
4. Replacing and Inspecting with Stubs, Spies, and Mocks
5. Reporting on Your Entire Codebase
Where to go from here?3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.