Learn how assertion libraries can be used to check for correctness by comparing many different types of language structures. Write tests in natural language using assertion chaining.
- [Instructor] Determining if actual output matches expected…is a requirement for testing if a system…is working correctly.…Assertion libraries are the solution,…but what are they?…As you may recall, an assertion validates…the correctness of a unit of code.…Assertions declare that a given predicate…is going to be Boolean true.…For example, here's an assertion that dog is equal to cat.…In this case, the assertion will throw an error…because the string literals do not match.…All right, so what's an Assertion Library?…An Assertion Library is a collection of assertions,…typically many more than what's in…the Node.js Assert module.…
They support comparisons of many different types…of language structures, like objects, arrays,…Booleans, numbers, and more.…They also include support for newer language features,…like promises.…Like a framework, Assertion Libraries provide an API,…or in some cases, multiple APIs for developers…to create predicates.…The APIs provide interfaces in styles like…Test Driven Development, or Behavior Driven Development.…
- What is code quality?
- Testing and code quality fundamentals
- Coding conventions and standards
- Creating and enforcing coding standards
- Unit, integration, and functional testing
- Test-driven development test specificatons
- Behavior-driven development test specifications
- Finding errors with linting
- Extending an ESLint shareable config
- Validating correctness with unit testing
- Replacing and inspecting with stubs, spies, and mocks
- Code coverage and why it matters
- Coverage with continuous integration
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Testing and Code Quality Fundamentals
2. Finding Errors with Linting
3. Validating Correctness with Unit Testing
4. Replacing and Inspecting with Stubs, Spies, and Mocks
5. Reporting on Your Entire Codebase
Where to go from here?3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.