Join Emmanuel Henri to demonstrate alternatives to building secured APIs such as online players and other frameworks.
- [Instructor] There are many alternatives available … for securing your APIs. … So let's explore a few of them. … First, you have cloud based data such as Firebase, … where you can host APIs online … and I'll be focused on the front-end … or clients for the application. … Firebase's team is constantly working … on building a secure API offering. … Needless to say there are many other players … offering similar services such as Microsoft Azure, … Cloud MongoDB, AWS, and many others. … Pick your favorite player … or the one that offers the features you're looking for. … Then there are other frameworks such as LoopBack, … Sails JS, Strapi, and many others. … And for those with just a little bit of tinkering … can provide a secured environment … similar to the custom build we've done in this course. … In the end I suggest you take a look at all of them, … do a quick build, and add some models, … and see what you like best. … Finally, one of the major players … in authentication management is Auth0. …
- Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP)
- Reasons for using a JSON Web Token (JWT)
- Adding bcrypt password hashing
- Adding handlers for registration and login
- Finalizing secured endpoints
- Testing APIs with Postman