Follow step-by-step instructions to add EditorConfig support via an open-source package to the Atom text editor, and then add a custom .editorconfig configuration to the Node.js project.
- [Instructor] It could take hours to…add EditorConfig to a project in the editor,…or more likely, just a minute or two.…Adding EditorConfig support to an…editor is well documented at editorconfig.org.…In fact, some editors already include…native support, so you don't need to do anything.…Others, like Atom, require an open source plugin.…Let's get started.…Open up Atom, navigate up to the…Atom menu, and select preferences if you're…using Mac or settings on Windows.…
Go to the install vertical tab.…In the search packages, type editorconfig,…all one word, and press return.…The top result should be the official EditorConfig plugin.…Click install to add the plugin.…That's basically it.…If you click on the plugin after it's installed,…you'll see some additional options.…Feel free to experiment with them.…There's a small conflict with the…whitespace package in EditorConfig,…so we'll need to disable whitespace.…
Click the packages vertical tab.…Under installed packages, type…whitespace and then press enter.…The description is that it strips…
- What is code quality?
- Testing and code quality fundamentals
- Coding conventions and standards
- Creating and enforcing coding standards
- Unit, integration, and functional testing
- Test-driven development test specificatons
- Behavior-driven development test specifications
- Finding errors with linting
- Extending an ESLint shareable config
- Validating correctness with unit testing
- Replacing and inspecting with stubs, spies, and mocks
- Code coverage and why it matters
- Coverage with continuous integration
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Testing and Code Quality Fundamentals
2. Finding Errors with Linting
3. Validating Correctness with Unit Testing
4. Replacing and Inspecting with Stubs, Spies, and Mocks
5. Reporting on Your Entire Codebase
Where to go from here?3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.