Learn how to wire up a page that lists orders for the shop owner and allows the shop owner to change the order status once the items are shipped.
- [Instructor] Now after the user has completed the order,…let's switch into the role of the shop owner.…The shop owner now wants to…look into some order management…and wants to see which orders were placed…and then process them.…So, I'll click on Manage Orders…and as you see, right now it says nothing in here,…which is clearly wrong…because we just placed an order,…so let's look into the route for that…and you'll find it in routes,…admin, orders, index,…and you'll see that we still have…commented out here a few things.…
So, what we first obviously want to do is we want…to bring in our orderService module,…so we add const…orderService…equals require…and here we have to go three levels up,…services/orderService.…And further down here in module.exports,…we now add const order…equals orderService…and…we're passing config.mysql.client.…
Now let's uncomment everything we have here…in this index route here under get/,…so I remove the comments and this return statement…and let's look for it real quick,…and we see that here we call order.getAll…
- Basics of relational and nonrelational databases
- Preparing your environment
- When to use document databases
- Inserting data into MongoDB
- Basic insert operations for MongoDB
- Querying data from MongoDB with Node.js
- Using key-value stores
- Using relational databases with Node.js
- Adding MySQL and Sequelize to a project
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Get Started with Databases for Node.js
2. Prepare Your Environment
3. Use Document Databases with Node.js
4. Use Key-Value Stores with Node.js
5. Use Relational Databases with Node.js
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.