In this video, learn how to add Redis to your project so that it can be used throughout your application.
- [Narrator] As you can see,…we are now back at the Shopsy project…because I want to add Redis to it now as well.…So, I opened a integrated terminal…and first I have to install the Redis module here as well,…so I type npm, install,…dash, dash, save, redis.…Next, ask for MongoDB,…we have to extend the configuration a little bit,…so I go into server, config, index js,…and here I add a new property,…redis, and there…I add property options…and in there I set the port to,…7379.…
Next, I will open server bin,…www, and first of all,…let's require redis const, redis,…equals require, redis.…Next, we can do that…right after we connect it to MongoDB,…we will add const, redis, client,…equals, redis, dot, create client,…and we take the options from…the config dot redis,…dot options.…
So this will initiate a connection to Redis,…we will also add some event handling here,…so add redis client,…dot on, and now we will listen to the ready event.…So when the connection is ready,…we want to inform the user about that,…so we will do a log dot info…
- Basics of relational and nonrelational databases
- Preparing your environment
- When to use document databases
- Inserting data into MongoDB
- Basic insert operations for MongoDB
- Querying data from MongoDB with Node.js
- Using key-value stores
- Using relational databases with Node.js
- Adding MySQL and Sequelize to a project
Skill Level Intermediate
Node.js: Build Your First Microservicewith Daniel Khan2h 9m Intermediate
Building a Website with Node.js and Express.jswith Ray Villalobos3h 16m Intermediate
1. Get Started with Databases for Node.js
2. Prepare Your Environment
3. Use Document Databases with Node.js
4. Use Key-Value Stores with Node.js
5. Use Relational Databases with Node.js
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.