Join Lynn Langit for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with hardware log files, part of NoSQL for SQL Professionals.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Let's take a look at our first business question.…Here it is.…Now as with all these scenarios where…we're getting information and trying…to figure out whether and which NoSQL database…would be useful to help answer…this business question, after formulating…the question as clearly as possible,…the next step is to get information…about the Source Data.…Now what I've done for the purposes…of the scenarios is I've just provided the…answers to the questions that are most…commonly asked so I'll show you…what that looks like.…So for this particular case,…the Source Data is in Log files,…and the questions that are great to ask are…do you keep all of the data.…
And in this case the client did,…and all the data is kept and archived…because one of the first situations around…these data projects is sometimes clients…are throwing away data because…it's too costly to save it,…and that alone can be a driver towards NoSQL…because it's often much cheaper to store…larger amounts of data than…a traditional relational system.…The next answer is what format is your data in,…
- What is NoSQL?
- What is Hadoop?
- Exploring Redis, HBase, MongoDB, and Neo4j
- Exploring NoSQL features in Microsoft SQL Server
- Working with NoSQL data in the cloud
- Applying NoSQL choices to business scenarios
- Considering how data will be input and output at your business
Skill Level Intermediate
Up and Running with NoSQL Databaseswith Joseph LeBlanc56m 57s Intermediate
Using SQL Server Spatial with AutoCAD Map 3Dwith Gordon Luckett31m 28s Intermediate
1. Why Change?
2. Is Hadoop NoSQL?
3. Understanding NoSQL Databases
4. NoSQL Options in Microsoft SQL Server 2014
5. Exploring Cloud-Based NoSQL Databases
6. Case Studies and Scenarios
7. Important Tips for Startups
Next steps2m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.