Join Lynn Langit for an in-depth discussion in this video Using columnstore indexes, part of NoSQL for SQL Professionals.
- Once your new virtual machine with SQL server…is up and running, as indicated by the running status…in the Microsoft Azure Portal,…you can connect to it.…To do that you click on the connect button…down at the bottom here,…and click OK.…And an RDP file will download.…Open that RDP file, and double-click it.…And click connect.…And put in your user name and password.…And click OK.…Click yes.…
Close the server manager.…Click on the search button.…Type in SQL.…Click on SQL Server 2014 Management Studio.…Click connect, on connect to server dialog box.…In the Object Explorer, click the plus by databases.…Right-click on the databases node.…And left-click on new database.…Call your database, test.…Click OK.…In the Object Explorer,…click the plus next to the test database.…
Left-click on the tables node.…Right-click on tables.…Left-click on new, table.…And notice the menu here.…We have the options to have a regular table,…or a Memory Optimized table.…This is the in-memory capability…that I was talking about in an earlier movie.…
- What is NoSQL?
- What is Hadoop?
- Exploring Redis, HBase, MongoDB, and Neo4j
- Exploring NoSQL features in Microsoft SQL Server
- Working with NoSQL data in the cloud
- Applying NoSQL choices to business scenarios
- Considering how data will be input and output at your business
Skill Level Intermediate
Using SQL Server Spatial with AutoCAD Map 3Dwith Gordon Luckett31m 28s Intermediate
1. Why Change?
2. Is Hadoop NoSQL?
3. Understanding NoSQL Databases
4. NoSQL Options in Microsoft SQL Server 2014
5. Exploring Cloud-Based NoSQL Databases
6. Case Studies and Scenarios
7. Important Tips for Startups
Next steps2m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.