Join Lynn Langit for an in-depth discussion in this video Summarizing cloud data offerings, part of NoSQL for SQL Professionals.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] We've looked at a lot…of different databases.…Your head is probably spinning.…So what I wanted to do is pull…it all together in a chart.…When I am architecting my big data solutions…and thinking about potential use…of NewSQL or NoSQL,…I have this kind of grid…for planning available.…I wanted to share it with you, my Lynda audience.…If you take a look here, you've got…the major cloud vendors, AWS, Google, and Microsoft,…and they're certainly not the only…cloud implementations of the…NoSQL databases.…
I showed you some of the other ones…in previous movies, like MongoLab and Graphene,…but it gives you an idea of where to start.…Along the left side,…the rows are the different kinds of database solutions.…You have managed relational databases,…and I start with that because…that's what everybody has,…and when I'm architecting a solution…I don't arbitrarily or necessarily…always include NoSQL.…Sometimes it's just not appropriate.…So building on what you have is always a good start.…Sometimes, however,…that isn't enough or it's too expensive…
- What is NoSQL?
- What is Hadoop?
- Exploring Redis, HBase, MongoDB, and Neo4j
- Exploring NoSQL features in Microsoft SQL Server
- Working with NoSQL data in the cloud
- Applying NoSQL choices to business scenarios
- Considering how data will be input and output at your business
Skill Level Intermediate
Up and Running with NoSQL Databaseswith Joseph LeBlanc56m 57s Intermediate
Using SQL Server Spatial with AutoCAD Map 3Dwith Gordon Luckett31m 28s Intermediate
1. Why Change?
2. Is Hadoop NoSQL?
3. Understanding NoSQL Databases
4. NoSQL Options in Microsoft SQL Server 2014
5. Exploring Cloud-Based NoSQL Databases
6. Case Studies and Scenarios
7. Important Tips for Startups
Next steps2m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.