Join Lynn Langit for an in-depth discussion in this video Storing customer or donor information, part of NoSQL for SQL Professionals.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Here's our next business question,…business question 2.…What characterizes my top donors?…Very common scenario in my data consulting.…Companies want to understand…what are the characteristics of their top customers,…donors, suppliers, so on and so forth.…So as with the first scenario,…I'm gonna show you in the next slide…what were the answers when I asked this customer…the key data questions that help…to determine whether or not, NoSQL will be relevant here.…
So the type of data is donor data.…It's currently stored in a MySQL database.…It's structured, it's relational, it's in tables.…They have five gigabytes per year.…Which is a really, actually small amount of data…for a big data project.…The data growth is five percent year over year.…So very slow growing.…And the data can be stored on the public cloud.…So as we look to determine a solution,…let's consider some more points and justification.…Couple of things, the customer would really like…real-time queries.…
So as was discussed in previous movies,…this is a new trend around data projects.…
- What is NoSQL?
- What is Hadoop?
- Exploring Redis, HBase, MongoDB, and Neo4j
- Exploring NoSQL features in Microsoft SQL Server
- Working with NoSQL data in the cloud
- Applying NoSQL choices to business scenarios
- Considering how data will be input and output at your business
Skill Level Intermediate
Up and Running with NoSQL Databaseswith Joseph LeBlanc56m 57s Intermediate
Using SQL Server Spatial with AutoCAD Map 3Dwith Gordon Luckett31m 28s Intermediate
1. Why Change?
2. Is Hadoop NoSQL?
3. Understanding NoSQL Databases
4. NoSQL Options in Microsoft SQL Server 2014
5. Exploring Cloud-Based NoSQL Databases
6. Case Studies and Scenarios
7. Important Tips for Startups
Next steps2m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.