Join Lynn Langit for an in-depth discussion in this video Introducing MapReduce, part of NoSQL for SQL Professionals.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- So now that we've taken a quick look…at the Cloudera Live Hadoop trial,…you're probably understanding better about the Libraries.…The earlier discussion that we had was really just a subset…of all the possible libraries…that are available with Hadoop.…And in addition to MapReduce, a very core set…of functionality that now is highly popular…with Hadoop is called YARN, and what this stands for is…Yet Another Resource Negotiator,…and it's designed to be a replacement for MapReduce,…and really at a high level, the important aspect of this…in considering NoSQL is that it allows…for different libraries to be more directly plugged in…to the underlying framework.…
And these libraries will have a NoSQL aspect…or programmability to them, so it makes Hadoop…more NoSQL like, if you will.…So when you are thinking in terms of NoSQL,…Hadoop is one of the solutions, and we'll be talking…in a couple minutes about when you pick it…and when you don't.…Before we do that, I just wanna have a brief introduction…to the idea of the MapReduce programming paradigm.…
- What is NoSQL?
- What is Hadoop?
- Exploring Redis, HBase, MongoDB, and Neo4j
- Exploring NoSQL features in Microsoft SQL Server
- Working with NoSQL data in the cloud
- Applying NoSQL choices to business scenarios
- Considering how data will be input and output at your business
Skill Level Intermediate
Up and Running with NoSQL Databaseswith Joseph LeBlanc56m 57s Intermediate
Using SQL Server Spatial with AutoCAD Map 3Dwith Gordon Luckett31m 28s Intermediate
1. Why Change?
2. Is Hadoop NoSQL?
3. Understanding NoSQL Databases
4. NoSQL Options in Microsoft SQL Server 2014
5. Exploring Cloud-Based NoSQL Databases
6. Case Studies and Scenarios
7. Important Tips for Startups
Next steps2m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.