Join Lynn Langit for an in-depth discussion in this video How to get started with Hadoop, part of NoSQL for SQL Professionals.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- So if you want to get started with Hadoop…there's a couple of different ways…and this is very parallel to the other…NoSQL databases that we're going to look at…and so let me just talk about them here.…So the three different ways are you can go pure open source,…you can go to the Apache Hadoop website…and just download the Hadoop binaries.…I really don't recommend this unless you're a Linux expert…because it has a high assumption of knowledge,…you're all working from the command line,…it can take a lot of time.…So rather than that there are a couple…of other ways that you can try out Hadoop.…One is to get a free version of a commercial distribution…and the most popular ones are Cloudera, MapR or Hortonworks.…
What these are are companies that sell…a Premium version of Hadoop with their own…tools and libraries that make the distribution…a lot more useable and useful for your business case.…Most of them have free versions though that you can try out…for a limited time for non-production use.…Or you can rent usage of Hadoop via the Cloud,…
- What is NoSQL?
- What is Hadoop?
- Exploring Redis, HBase, MongoDB, and Neo4j
- Exploring NoSQL features in Microsoft SQL Server
- Working with NoSQL data in the cloud
- Applying NoSQL choices to business scenarios
- Considering how data will be input and output at your business
Skill Level Intermediate
Up and Running with NoSQL Databaseswith Joseph LeBlanc56m 57s Intermediate
Using SQL Server Spatial with AutoCAD Map 3Dwith Gordon Luckett31m 28s Intermediate
1. Why Change?
2. Is Hadoop NoSQL?
3. Understanding NoSQL Databases
4. NoSQL Options in Microsoft SQL Server 2014
5. Exploring Cloud-Based NoSQL Databases
6. Case Studies and Scenarios
7. Important Tips for Startups
Next steps2m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.