Join Lynn Langit for an in-depth discussion in this video Exploring a cloud-hosted RDBMS, part of NoSQL for SQL Professionals.
- In this demonstration, I'm going show you how to set up…a scaleable SQL Server on the Amazon cloud.…So to do this, you have really two options.…You could use what's called Infrastructure as a service…or just Virtual Machines and do your own scaling on EC2.…However, I prefer to use what's called Database…as a Service or Partially Managed Database.…And that's called Relational Database Service…in Amazon.…Now, the difference between this and running SQL Server…or any database on EC2 is that you pay…a little bit more to Amazon here,…but what they're doing is they're managing…the scaling for you.…
They're managing other services…like backups and snapshots for you as well.…So it's a partially managed service,…and for a lot of customers that are doing big data…solutions that include NoSQL and Scaling Relational…are using new relational features,…this is a great way to leverage relational…features on the cloud.…So to get started, you click RDS,…and then you click Get Started Now.…And then you select your engine.…Now, another implication of this is sometimes…
- What is NoSQL?
- What is Hadoop?
- Exploring Redis, HBase, MongoDB, and Neo4j
- Exploring NoSQL features in Microsoft SQL Server
- Working with NoSQL data in the cloud
- Applying NoSQL choices to business scenarios
- Considering how data will be input and output at your business
Skill Level Intermediate
Using SQL Server Spatial with AutoCAD Map 3Dwith Gordon Luckett31m 28s Intermediate
1. Why Change?
2. Is Hadoop NoSQL?
3. Understanding NoSQL Databases
4. NoSQL Options in Microsoft SQL Server 2014
5. Exploring Cloud-Based NoSQL Databases
6. Case Studies and Scenarios
7. Important Tips for Startups
Next steps2m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.