Join Lynn Langit for an in-depth discussion in this video Exploring Redis, part of NoSQL for SQL Professionals.
- In this demonstration, I'm at the website…try.redis.io, and what this allows you to do…is without installing anything,…you can actually see how to work…with a key value store.…It's really simple, and I recommend…that you try it.…So to get started, you just go here…and you type tutorial and press Enter.…Then you get information about your Redis server.…So it tells you that it's a key value store…and what a key and what a value is.…The programming paradigm to work…with information is set and get.…
Here they're showing you that.…So set is like your insert, update or delete,…and get is like your select,…translating back to relational database.…So if I wanted to execute this command…without typing, I can just click on it,…and there it is.…If I wanted to get it,…I could just click on it.…I click type next to continue the tutorial.…Now what I like about this is I'm able…to interact with the key value…NoSQL store without having to install…or set up anything.…So I can get to the business question.…
I can think about this is the data going in,…
- What is NoSQL?
- What is Hadoop?
- Exploring Redis, HBase, MongoDB, and Neo4j
- Exploring NoSQL features in Microsoft SQL Server
- Working with NoSQL data in the cloud
- Applying NoSQL choices to business scenarios
- Considering how data will be input and output at your business
Skill Level Intermediate
Using SQL Server Spatial with AutoCAD Map 3Dwith Gordon Luckett31m 28s Intermediate
1. Why Change?
2. Is Hadoop NoSQL?
3. Understanding NoSQL Databases
4. NoSQL Options in Microsoft SQL Server 2014
5. Exploring Cloud-Based NoSQL Databases
6. Case Studies and Scenarios
7. Important Tips for Startups
Next steps2m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.