Join Lynn Langit for an in-depth discussion in this video Exploring HBase, part of NoSQL for SQL Professionals.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- In a previous demo, I took you to the cloudera website…so that you could easily set up a Hadoop environment…either on their web framework or you could…download in a virtual machine.…However you set that up, I'll refer you now…to this page on their site and the demo…of analyzing data with Hue and Hive.…So in your particular implementation,…what you'll want to do is follow these steps…and they're pretty well detailed here…so I'll just take you through 'em.…So the first thing that you'll want to do…is you'll want to import some data…and this shows you the process of importing…into a Hadoop cluster you're using,…and this is set up for a Mac only or Linux.…
You're using a tar process, which is a zip process…and then you're calling a Python file…in order to process that information.…And then, you're converting it to the required format…and then you will be able to see the column headers.…Now again, you'll notice that this is…a much different data process than we had…with some of the other NoSQL databases…and this goes to the complexities of using Hadoop.…
- What is NoSQL?
- What is Hadoop?
- Exploring Redis, HBase, MongoDB, and Neo4j
- Exploring NoSQL features in Microsoft SQL Server
- Working with NoSQL data in the cloud
- Applying NoSQL choices to business scenarios
- Considering how data will be input and output at your business
Skill Level Intermediate
Up and Running with NoSQL Databaseswith Joseph LeBlanc56m 57s Intermediate
Using SQL Server Spatial with AutoCAD Map 3Dwith Gordon Luckett31m 28s Intermediate
1. Why Change?
2. Is Hadoop NoSQL?
3. Understanding NoSQL Databases
4. NoSQL Options in Microsoft SQL Server 2014
5. Exploring Cloud-Based NoSQL Databases
6. Case Studies and Scenarios
7. Important Tips for Startups
Next steps2m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.