Join Lynn Langit for an in-depth discussion in this video Exploring DynamoDB on Amazon Web Services, part of NoSQL for SQL Professionals.
- We're starting again in the AWS web console…and we're taking a look at my favorite…cloud-based key value store, which is DynamoDB.…It's under the Database section, and you can see…DynamoDB, Predictable and Scalable…NoSQL Data Store.…This database, more than any other NoSQL store…on the cloud, really illustrates…the new world of NoSQL.…There are no servers to set up.…There's no configuration with other than one page.…There's no security to set up, by default,…although, obviously, you will put security…in a production situation.…
Literally, you click through and say…what your primary key is, how much read…and write access you need, that's called IOPS,…or the number of reads or writes per second,…and then set your alarms.…So if you're reaching your threshold,…it's usually you set 80% or so, then you get an alert.…Then you can set either manual scaling or auto scaling.…It's just that simple.…So we're gonna go ahead and say Create Table.…Notice there's some Table Name notation here.…
See if this name's okay.…It tells you that DynamoDB is a schema-less database.…
- What is NoSQL?
- What is Hadoop?
- Exploring Redis, HBase, MongoDB, and Neo4j
- Exploring NoSQL features in Microsoft SQL Server
- Working with NoSQL data in the cloud
- Applying NoSQL choices to business scenarios
- Considering how data will be input and output at your business
Skill Level Intermediate
Using SQL Server Spatial with AutoCAD Map 3Dwith Gordon Luckett31m 28s Intermediate
1. Why Change?
2. Is Hadoop NoSQL?
3. Understanding NoSQL Databases
4. NoSQL Options in Microsoft SQL Server 2014
5. Exploring Cloud-Based NoSQL Databases
6. Case Studies and Scenarios
7. Important Tips for Startups
Next steps2m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.