Join Lynn Langit for an in-depth discussion in this video Choosing Hadoop over NoSQL, part of NoSQL for SQL Professionals.
- So a common architectural pattern is to use…files, Hadoop and libraries, and relational database…in our Hadoop solution that could include…NoSQL type libraries.…Now before you use Hadoop you have to have a situation…that warrants the use of Hadoop…over just using the file system.…So the file system is just a file system.…But one of the things I've had with my customers is…sometimes they don't need the complexity of Hadoop.…They just really want a bigger file system.…And now with the cloud storage coming down to nearly zero…this can be a better solution in terms of cost effectiveness…if you just want to store the information in files,…pull it out, maybe put it into…a different kind of NoSQL store,…not necessarily have that Hadoop layer.…
So sometimes that can be a cheaper architecture…just all around.…Hadoop is a huge and highly scalable data bucket.…It has HDFS for the file system,…and it has programming and management frameworks.…As I mentioned, YARN is really seen as a replacement…for MapReduce.…It's called MapReduce 2.0.…
- What is NoSQL?
- What is Hadoop?
- Exploring Redis, HBase, MongoDB, and Neo4j
- Exploring NoSQL features in Microsoft SQL Server
- Working with NoSQL data in the cloud
- Applying NoSQL choices to business scenarios
- Considering how data will be input and output at your business
Skill Level Intermediate
Using SQL Server Spatial with AutoCAD Map 3Dwith Gordon Luckett31m 28s Intermediate
1. Why Change?
2. Is Hadoop NoSQL?
3. Understanding NoSQL Databases
4. NoSQL Options in Microsoft SQL Server 2014
5. Exploring Cloud-Based NoSQL Databases
6. Case Studies and Scenarios
7. Important Tips for Startups
Next steps2m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.