- [Instructor] Linux servers are the preferred systems for running in genetics. To follow along with this course, I'll expect you to be familiar with running commands from the Linux command line interface. You'll need to know commands like LS, CD, CH mod and system CTO. You'll also need to know how to edit files using an editor like Vim or Nano. You'll also need to have some familiarity with installing applications and managing Linux services. It's not required but it will be helpful if you have experience with the Apache HTTP web server since some of the terms and concepts will be familiar.
If you want a quick overview of Linux and Apache before starting this course, you can review Linux web services in the course library. We'll also be discussing static and dynamic websites, so knowing some basic HTML, PHP, and mySQL will be beneficial, but it's also not a requirement.
- Installing NGINX on Linux
- Configuring a virtual host
- Installing PHP and MariaDB for the LEMP stack
- Securing sites with NGINX
- Creating SSL certificates
- Reverse proxies
- Load balancing
Skill Level Beginner
DevOps Foundations: Infrastructure as Codewith Ernest Mueller2h 6m Intermediate
1. Install and Configure NGINX
2. The Linux, NGINX, MySQL, and PHP Stack
3. NGINX Security
4. Reverse Proxies and Load Balancers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.