Mike explains virtually everything about technology that enables remote clients to connect to a local network, also called a virtual private network (VPN).
- And there's a lot of situations when I'm on the road…that I wish that I could be actually…in my network back at the office.…Now, you need to be careful here.…When I'm saying in my network, I'm talking about…actually having an IP address that's part of my own network.…I'm not talking about remote desktop and things like that,…which are fine and useful from time to time,…but there are situations where I need…to be literally in my own network.…If I copy a file from the server onto my laptop,…I want it to actually copy onto my laptop.…In a remote desktop situation, I would just be copying it…from my server to my computer back at the office.…
So there are situations where we need to be able…to actually be on our local area network from far, far away.…Well, that's easy enough to do, I mean, if you want to.…Let's just say this is my local area network.…I can buy a router with dial-up connections.…(laughs) You wanna go old school,…you could literally do a dial-up and…connect into your router at a whopping 56k.…If you've got a bazillion dollars,…
- Making secure connections through tunnels
- InterVLAN routing
- Port bonding and port mirroring
- IDS vs. IPS
- Routing and switching with IPv6
- Packet switching
- ISDN and BPL
- Remote desktop connectivity
Skill Level Beginner
1. Advanced Networking Devices
Virtual private networks (VPNs)12m 41s
Introduction to VLANs11m 48s
InterVLAN routing3m 6s
Interface with managed switches10m 59s
Switch port protection6m 37s
Port bonding7m 11s
Port mirroring3m 29s
Quality of service5m 7s
IDS vs. IPS4m 25s
Proxy servers12m 41s
Load balancing8m 29s
Device placement scenarios12m 50s
3. Remote Connectivity
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.