In this video, learn about the 568A/568B wiring schema using twisted pair cable.
- In over 40 years of network cabling,…one type of cabling…has become extremely predominate out there…and it's known generically as twisted pair cabling.…So the best way to do it is,…let me just show you a piece of twisted pair.…What you're looking at right here…is a very old type of twisted pair cabling.…The reason they call it twisted pair…is it is always in pairs…and each pair is twisted around itself.…The twisting allows the…signal to propagate further down a piece of copper wire.…
Twisted pair cabling was originally invented back…in the late 60s, early 1970s for telephone systems…and we have begun over the last,…or I shouldn't say begun anymore,…for the last 30 some odd years,…twisted pair cabling has become…the most common form of cabling we see on networks.…Now this type of cabling is pretty dated,…so what I rather show you is…a more modern piece of twisted pair cabling.…First of all, you'll notice instead of just two pairs…on this particular one, there's four pairs of cabling.…
What's important is that…we call this unshielded twisted pair.…
- Network topologies
- Fire ratings
- Ethernet basics
- Hubs vs. switches
- 100BASE-T, gigabit, and 10-gigabit Ethernet
- Installing structured cabling
- Testing cable
- Locating cables and connectors with a toner and probe
- Wired connections
Skill Level Beginner
1. Cabling and Topology
2. Ethernet Basics
3. Modern Ethernet
4. Installing a Physical Network
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.